The state of Alabama and the country should legalize marijuana due to its positive effects on medicine and relaxation.
The legalization of marijuana will be beneficial for supporting the needs of the majority of citizens.
- The medical benefits of marijuana will help healthcare specialists treat chronic conditions.
- The use of marijuana for recreational purposes will decriminalize the choices of teenagers and young adults (Green, 2021).
Alabama will benefit from the experience of other states that have already adopted this measure.
- The eleven states which legalized marijuana will serve as a model for this state (Lopez, 2019).
- This measure will allow for avoiding conflicts in the state and increase the attractiveness of Alabama to citizens.
The people of Alabama should achieve unity regarding the issue of marijuana legalization.
Since older people have begun to support this measure, its implementation seems inevitable in the long run (McCarthy, 2019).
- The possibility of addiction should be controlled by some other instruments as opposed to criminalization.
- The opposition to the legalization of marijuana in Alabama is still strong, and it means that their needs should also be respected.
Economic considerations related to the legalization of marijuana in Alabama should be taken into account.
- The growth of the market of marijuana will evoke concerns from buyers.
- Additional measures will be required to ensure the safety of citizens, and their implementation is possible.
Finally, the coordination of actions of activists should be performed with regard to official policies.
- The supporters of the Democratic and Republican Parties should combine efforts.
- The pros and cons of marijuana legalization should be thoroughly examined.
If the citizens of Alabama vote for the legalization of Marijuana, it will be easier to align the state’s policies with those of other states and the government in general.
Green, T. V. (2021). Americans overwhelmingly say marijuana should be legal for recreational or medical use. Pew Research Center. Web.
Lopez, G. (2019). 9 questions about marijuana legalization you were too embarrassed to ask. The Vox. Web.
McCarthy, N. (2019). The arguments for and against marijuana legalization in the U.S. [Infographic]. Forbes. Web.